Need to save a few bucks? One way to save money is to store food in a way that reduces spoilage and waste. Less food spoilage means less food you will have to buy, which leaves more money in your pocket. Here are five easy ways to save a little money by storing your food so it will last longer and canned food storage ideas.
some canned food storage ideas
1. Here is a great way to store your vegetables longer and keep them fresh. Wrap up of vegetables such as lettuce, carrots, squash, and celery in paper towels and put them in plastic bags in the crisper box of the refrigerator. The paper towel will prevent oxidation and condensation that softens vegetables and causes mold to grow. these canned food storage ideas are better.
2. Store your rice, beans, and pasta in big, clear storage jars so you can see exactly what and how much you have. Put the date on the jars so you’ll have a good idea of when you need to use it. Putting these staple foods in jars also keeps them fresh for a longer period of time. This is especially important when you buy the items in bulk.
3. Cheese can get mold on it fairly quickly, so here’s a better way to store it and keep it fresh. Wrap the cheese in aluminum foil as soon as you bring it home from the store. This keeps the cheese from sweating in the plastic bag or food storage container and turning moldy. When you’ve used up the cheese you can reuse the foil for the next cheese you buy.
4. Flour is one of those food items that attract mites and mealy bugs quickly unless it is stored right. Here’s how to lengthen the storage time for flour. Place your bag of flour in an airtight plastic freezer bag or plastic food storage containers and freeze it for 24 hours. Take it out of the freezer but leave the flour in the plastic bag to keep it airtight. You can then store the flour in your pantry or in your refrigerator.
5. Keep the stem on the peppers. When you’re using only part of a bell pepper don’t cut off the stem or remove the seeds and put it back in the refrigerator. You can store the pepper much longer by leaving the stem and seeds intact than by removing them.
In conclusion, you can see that it’s possible to save a little money just by making small changes in the way you store some of your food items. It’s not hard to do but does require action, because doing nothing results in no savings. Make some changes today, and start saving money using this bulk food storage container tips.